Monday, January 12, 2009

Introduction

What up, My name is Mark Brown. I grew up in Grapevine/Southlake Texas. I went to Grapevine High School. During high school I split my time between Texas and Colorado. So I also consider myself from Colorado as well. I am currently a Junior here at TCU. I am double majoring in Accounting and Entreprenurial Managment.

I am taking this course obviously for the required credit, but I would also like to work on my general writing skills. I have a tendency to be a terrible speller and I would definitly like to work on that.

Most of the writing I do is in Emails or over the internet on websites and for school work. I don't really feel anything about my writing because usually I'm in so much of a hurry to get it done I don't have time to think about it. I suppose the course will help me feel a tad better about my writing and I hope to enjoy writing more when it is over.

As I said above I am from Texas and Colorado. Right now my current residence is in the Grandmarc across the street from campus. I also still live in Colorado on many weekends and a lot throughout the winter. I have a house in Telluride, Colorado and a few apartments with friends throughout Colorado. I am not a huge fan of Texas, I love the people here but I hate the weather. So I usually associate myself more with Colorado. Saying I go to TCU always gets an interesting reaction from people. A lot of people, esp from the westcoast (where I spend a lot of time) think that TCU is full of a bunch of farm boys who like to shoot things. Even though that is true to an extent I usually try and tell them that TCU is pretty diverse although the majority of people are from Texas and in greek life.

No comments:

Post a Comment