Monday, January 26, 2009

Local Spaces

Local spaces in my community... hmm there are so many. One of my favorite places is a little hotel that my coach's wife runs in Bormio, Italy. It looks like an average northern Italian style building. Wood, stucco, copper and anything else that one might associate with northern Italy. It is right outside of a ski resort and it's located at the base of the main mountain.

I think one of the reasons I consider this part of my community is because I ski, and this particular place is very intertwined with the history of skiing. I love this hotel/ restaurant because it is one of the only places in the world where I can forget about everything else and just relax. I can get away from the rest of the world and be who I want to be. Not who coaches, sponsors, or professors want me to be.

1 comment:

  1. I think that ski towns are some of the most interesting places because they are all so different, while still having one main thing in common. The individuality that you can find is something that draws me to these places.

    ReplyDelete