Thursday, January 29, 2009

Local Spaces

Since my first public space isn't located with in a reasonable driving distance I decided to pick one a bit closer. I'm choosing a country club which I spend a lot of time, the Vaquero Country Club in Westlake, TX. I chose this space because I do spend a lot of time there but I also enjoy the atmosphere. It's a has a strong Texan, southwestern feel to it.

I have not decided yet when I'll have time to observe this space. I'm going to have to move some things around but hopefully I'll be going up there sometime on Friday and then maybe on Sunday as well for their Super Bowl Party.

As I said the space is heavy in southwestern culture. It has a very laid back attitude and the decor is very comfortable and relaxing. It is a country club so it is obviously part of a golf course so golf has a strong influence on a lot of things that go on. Most of the people who live there enjoy golf at least recreational. I look forward to really observing in more detail about what go on in the club. I'm thinking I'll probably learn quite more about how people interact with each other.

2 comments:

  1. The counrty club seems like a great place to observe a plethera of rhetoric aimed at a specific type of person or culture. There also seems to be an attitude expressed by the space. Enjoy the relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A country club has a lot to offer. There are so many people who have different jobs or tasks to be doing on a daily basis. You should check out the caddies and the cart-drivers because I know they are interesting people (I have some friends who do both jobs). I assume different times of the day will have changing amounts of people. I would guess more people play during the morning than they do late afternoon, but I could be completely wrong.

    ReplyDelete