Monday, April 6, 2009

April 6th op-ed blog

The reason op-ed is ineffective in the way it covers my topic is because it is only my point of view. I cannot use persuasion from other people's point of view to persuade my audience. An Op-ed is supposed to be a specific point of view argument and with this style it is hard to bring in outside elements, especially facts. It seems to me like an Op-ed is more opinionated then factual. This is also an advantage because when people read an op-ed they have in mind that it is an opinionated statement so you can use your opinion and some ethos to persuade the reader. Most writings are supposed to be so factual and not have the writers opinion anywhere in them. Having the ability to input your opinion can be very beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment