Monday, April 27, 2009

Authors Note on porfolio

Over all my papers are over an article I read about a bill being introduced that would allow liquor stores to be open on Sundays. I'll explain each piece below

My letter to the editor took me a few times to get where I wanted it. At first I was just restating the article and I didn't really understand that I was replying to what was said in the article. I think that I stated my opinion on the subject quickly so it set the style for the rest of the letter. I believe I used good ethos, pathos, and logos to get my point across.

The op-ed was a bit more challenging to me. At first I did not understand what it was. My first draft was a lot more like a letter to the editor. With some help I got the paper to a point I was happy with. I definitely think it uses ethos, pathos, and logos well to support my view of the subject. I stuck with my article as a basis for my paper. It deals with the same issue with a greater focus on the tax benefits. I am happy with the paper and it took me a lot of time to get that way.

My humorous argument I am very happy with. I had some good suggestions on my blog but in the end I was happy with the picture I drew so I didn't change much. I think it is funny and not offensive to my audience. It is a good use of my topic and it conveys it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment